Sunday, June 23, 2013

My New Skirt!

Guys!! Can you imagine it? I'm actually doing a post when I said I will! ;) Ahh....the benefits of waking up earlier on Sunday morning! This is my outfit that I wore to church last night!
My Grandma actually made me this skirt. Can you believe it?? She's amazing!!! If she had an actual business, which she should (!!), I would give her 5 star rating! She sewed this for me in...oh...about a week! We went to JoAnn's together to pick out the pattern and then she just worked magic! It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but it's a light grey floral pattern.

My hair looks strawberry blonde in this picture because of the sunset, but it's not! I promise I didn't dye it! Then I'd have to call my blog "Strawberry Blonderings" which just wouldn't work as well. :P

I've had a few people ask me why I dress up a little for church. Even though our Saturday night church is pretty casual, my family still dresses up. Why?

We don't do this to judge anyone and I'm not saying that wearing shorts to church is wrong. We just believe that it is honoring and respectful to the Lord to dress up. It also sets apart the day we honor the Lord. In our family, Saturday, instead of the usual Sunday, is the Lord's day.

I love you guys! What's your opinion on dressing nicely for church?

4 comments:

  1. Cute!!! If I give you my Email some how, could I give you my size? Maybe your grandma could make me one! I believe in dressing up. He is very special to me and I think it's good to look nice for him! I sometimes wear a pretty tank top with petal pushers. Never shorts though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so gorgeous (as always) Love the skirt! Your Grandma is an amazing! Wow, beautiful my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that dressing up is a way of showing respect to God. I might wear a nicer dress with tights at least, or get really dressed up. :)

    ReplyDelete