Friday, July 18, 2014

I Love Lucy Fashion

Hello, dear blog! Life has been crazy. Period. I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted!

So, let's get to the point. One of my all-time favorite TV shows is I Love Lucy. What's not to like? It's good, clean humor, and the 50's fashion? Yes, please.

 

This suit dress is one word. Adorable. I love the white cuffs and collar that pop, and the buttons are so cute. The belt slims it all up, and I love the peplum! 


 

What's not to love about this hysterical episode? Oh, the matching dress rivalry between Lucy and Ethel. I love the full skirt with the tulle, and the strip of dark sparkly tulle. The glamorous climbing shoulder vine is so cute where it ends in the rose. I love this dramatic dress.
 
What's not to love about this precious polka-dot dress? Once again, I love the white accents of the cuffs and the collar. Plus, the hairbow makes it so much cuter. I love the circle skirt and the slimming effect.


Ahh, the chocolate factory. I LOVE this episode so much. It makes me laugh so hard everytime!! Look at how cute the pink uniforms are, with the delicate black buttons and the overall neat appearance.

And.....let's discuss makeup.

  

Clean. Everyday. Not overdone. Lipstick was a staple. One could not leave the house with her lips 'naked'. 

The perfectly shaped eyebrows, long eyelashes, and overall clean look is very appealing.

 
Once again, this is so clean and beautiful. Look at how it is so beautiful, and yet not garish or overdone. 


Okay, I just love everything about 50's fashion. Why? Good question...

Clothes were modest. They were the height of femininity and beauty. Women were beautiful, not trashy. They didn't bare everything to the world. Sexy wasn't pushed. Clean beauty was popular. 

And the makeup was simple, clean, yet gorgeous. It wasn't the overdone makeup of today. Women didn't look trashy. They looked beautiful.

So, I guess I'm pining for the days when things were clean, modest, and lady like. 

What do you all think?
 

2 comments:

  1. I really like your blog! I draw up a lot of fashion ideas I get & I really agree with u about today's fashion-it's so sleazy. I watch a lot of older shows like little house & wind at my back. I just started on my blog, but you can check it out at;http://lovelypinkduck.blogspot.com/
    thanks, Mic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this show! It makes me laugh so hard:) Look up What's My Line on YouTube with Desi and Lucy. Its SO funny :)

    ReplyDelete