Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Boarding School-Chapter 5!

You've all been waiting....so here it is! Chapter 5 of my boarding school story! So far, I've written nine chapters and 41 pages! I just keep forgetting to post...;) But here it is! I posted the last boarding school installment in January so if you've forgotten what happened, go to that post! Hope you enjoy...Chapter 5!




Chapter 5-Adjusting to Boarding School

“NOOOO!!!!” I cry when I look down at my suitcase, now devoid of my jeans and tee shirts. My roommate Izzi comes running over to me, a look of concern crossing her face.

“Piper, are you okay??” she asks, concern filling her voice. I open my suitcase and pitifully throw down the skirts and dresses that it now contains.
She pats my shoulder and says, “It’ll get better. I learned to get used to them.”

I just shake my head and sigh. My first night here at Welsh Creek is not going so well. At first, I thought I wasn’t going to have a roommate. Then I found out that I actually have 3! I’m sharing a quad with Izzi, a girl named Crissy, and Melissa from the bus. Crissy and Melissa are down at the cafeteria now, getting some dinner, but Izzi and I decided we weren’t hungry.

“I’m going to the bathroom,” I say quietly, and head toward a pink door. Inside, I place my toiletries in one of the four drawers. All the girls have painted their names on their drawer, and as a welcoming gift, my roommates painted my name on the empty drawer. I reluctantly pull off my remaining pair of pants, and pull a navy blue pleated skirt over my legs. I glance hesitantly down at my bony knees and groan.

“Are you okay in there?” Izzi asks. “Yeah, I’m fine! Just…I hate my knees!!” I open the door and walk back into the quad, and she glances quickly down at my legs.

“You look fine, Piper! Now come on! We have to go down to the cafeteria and eat dinner before the seminar starts!”

She grabs my arm and drags me out of our room and down a flight of stairs.

We step into the cafeteria and I suddenly realize how hungry I am. I smell Italian, Chinese, and Mexican food….and something burnt!

“Izzi, what is that horrible smell?” I pinch my nose as my nostrils are accosted by an acrid smell.

“Moxie is cooking…every week they pick two girls to help in the dessert station and Moxie isn’t the best cook,” she explains, “I think they’re going to ask her to be a TA.”

I wrinkle my nose and try and remember what TA means…Towel….T-t….Teacher’s Assistant? Yes!

While I’ve been puzzling this out, Izzi has left and moved over to the Chinese station. As I come up behind her, I hear snatches of what she’s saying to the girl next to her.

“…oddball, but she really is sweet! If you get to know her you’ll like her.  Just make her feel welcome!”

“Hey, Iz,” I say nonchalantly, as if I’ve heard nothing. She obviously can tell that I overheard what she said.

“Piper! I was just talking to Diana here. She’s in the dorm across the hall from us.”

“Hello there. It’s a pleasure to meet you,” she says in a slight British accent. “Izzi and I were just talking about you. I hope Taylor doesn’t give you any trouble!”

I cock my head at Izzi, not understanding. “Who’s Taylor?” Diana puts a finger to her mouth shushing me.

“We’ll tell you at the table,” Izzi says softly.

After we get our food and sit down, I say again, “Who’s Taylor?”

Crissy’s eyes widen. “You mean the Taylor?” All the girls around the table gasp. I nod for Crissy to go on.
“Taylor is the queen bee of this school. In fact, she thinks she owns this school. Which is kind of true, actually. This school is named because of her father. He’s the one that thought up an all girl’s boarding school for the unrefined and the elite.”

I stop her. “Her father’s name is Welsh Creek?” Melissa, Crissy, Izzi, and Diana all burst out laughing.

“No silly!” Crissy laughs, “His name is Bromly Welsh, and the creek is named after him! And the creek is by the school, and he started the school! Taylor thinks she can be rude to all the teachers and boss them around…which is also true. They’re afraid to reprimand her! I suggest that you avoid her. Although it probably won’t do much good. She likes to think of new recruits as ‘fresh meat’.”

I should be shaking in my boots, but instead, I am thinking of a way to turn this fresh meat thing around!

“Is Taylor a really…prissy girl? Like your sister, Melissa?” She nods at me. “Well, then I think this just might work! Why don’t we view Taylor as fresh meat?”

I get a lot of blank stares. Four to be exact. “Has Taylor ever done anything mean to you?” Once again, they all nod at me. “Well, then this is revenge! Are you with me?”

Hesitantly, they all smile. As I realize what I’m doing, I think my mother was right to stick me in this school to reform me. Maybe I am a troublemaker….
­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“We have a new student with us today, and I expect you all to be nice to her! Her name is Piper Weber, and she will be in the 8th grade dorms if you would like to meet her! I hope you all have a wonderful night!” Miss Alexandra, our headmistress steps down from the podium and all the girls start chattering immediately.

“Wasn’t her suit just stunning?” Crissy says to us. Diana covers her mouth and does a little dance.

“The navy skirt and blazer went so well with her fair skin and her crystal blue eyes!” They all start to jabber about her makeup and her hair, and I feel lost.

“Don’t you think we better head to bed you guys?” I wink at them. Izzi smiles mischievously. Silently, we all head out of the auditorium and make our way to the cafeteria.

Just outside the doors, I turn around and start to go over our plan again. “Crissy, Melissa, and Diana, you all are going to get situated in your rooms. Diana, we’ll come knock on your door when we’re ready. While you guys act like you’re getting ready for bed, Izzi and I will meet up with Moxie and grab the burnt dessert, and the other supplies. We’ll meet you in our room when we’re done, then we’ll head to Taylor’s room. Got it?”

Everyone except for Diana looks excited. I look at her with a cocked eyebrow. “I just don’t know if this is such a good idea, girls!” I relish her accent as she goes on. “I don’t want to be getting into any trouble. Taylor’s never really done anything bad to us!”

Crissy stomps her foot at this. “Are you kidding me? She was the one who cut Izzi’s hair while she was sleeping!”

I look at Izzi’s pixie cut. Her red hair looks good short.

We all roll our eyes. “Don’t chicken out, Diana!”

Melissa sticks her fist out, the three of us follow suit. We look pleadingly at Diana, and she says, “Fine! But…I think I should get the key to Taylor’s room. I mean, I won’t be any use just sitting in my room.”
I don’t argue with her. As we all part ways, I feel no regret at doing this. It might just be fun.   



Until next time, everyone!! :) Do you want me to post more boarding school installments? Or do you find this boring? Thanks for supporting me and giving my your opinions! <3


2 comments:

  1. No, don't stop posting your story! I love it! You're such a good writer, and I can't wait to find out what happens next. I bet they're gonna get caught....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave you a blog award! Check out my blog to see it!!

    ReplyDelete